To attend daycare at Bark Avenue, your dog must meet the following requirements:
- Pass our temperament screening.
- During the screening, we discuss your dog’s needs and any questions you may have for us. At that time, we allow you to see our facility and we get a chance to interact with your dog and see how he or she does with other dogs in the group.
- Be well-socialized:
- Not protective of toys/space or aggressive.
- At least 3 months old, have a basic training foundation and potty training.
- Current on vaccines (provide copies of all vaccination records prior to the start date)
- DHLPP (or similar)
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- On an approved form of topical flea control.
- Topical (Frontline, Advantage, Revolution)
- Pill (Comfortis, Trifexis)
- Other: please check with us
- Neutered or spayed by 6 months of age
- Wearing a leather or nylon quick-release collar or harness
- Completed or currently enrolled in basic training/obedience
If you would like to visit our facility, please contact us to make an appointment. Our first responsibility is taking care of the physical and emotional well-being of the dogs so we will work with you to coordinate a time that allows you to see the dogs in action while limiting stress to the dogs in the playrooms.